Neuroprotection and NAD+
By Dr. Erik Fleischman –
Neuroprotection (Protecting Brain Power) and NAD+ (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide)
We humans are living longer and need neuroprotection.
These are the healthy choices we have to help protect the brain from mental and cognitive decline:
- Low sugar/low carbohydrate diets
- Prevention and proper treatment of Diabetes Mellitus
- Regular exercise
- Intermittent and regular fasting programs
- Good control of blood pressure
- Good control of Cholesterol
In Regenerative Medicine we now have a number of supplements and treatments that also have great potential and scientific basis for neuroprotection and sharpening brain power.
These are the treatments I have used with many patients with good success for over 20 years:
- Safe appropriate Hormone Replacement (men and women)
- Natural Hormone Boosting (using supplements to improve your own hormone production)
- Cerebrolysin (an FDA approved treatment for Alzheimer’s Disease that also can be used in people without dementia to prevent brain degeneration)
- GABA, Arginine and Glycine (these affect natural Growth Hormone levels which can prevent against brain deterioration)
- NAD+ (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide) Treatment
Who needs Neuroprotection?
Each of us wants to preserve his or her brain power for as long as possible. We’ve all been frustrated from becoming forgetful at times and not feeling as sharp as we wish we did. I can imagine the intense frustration when this happens daily or when simple tasks such as recognizing our loved ones and our past becomes impossible.
Who is at risk?
- People with chronic diseases like Diabetes and High Blood Pressure
- People with family relatives who have had Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease
- People who have smoked cigarettes for many years
- People who drink alcohol for many years
- Highly stressed people
- People who have had trauma to their head and brain
- People who have had Strokes
- People with history of Clinical Depression
The best way to prevent mental decline is to prevent it: provide your brain with the support and neuroprotection it needs from an early age with these behaviors:
- Get 7 hours of sleep every night: Sleep deprivation leads to a higher rate of dementia.
- Exercise: Regular exercise increases the circulation and vasculature of the brain.
- Limit your sugar intake: Alzheimer’s Disease is now called Diabetes of the Brain. It is caused by a lifetime of too much sugar intake.
- Try Intermittent Fasting (IF): IF increases MITOCHONDRIAL function in the brain cells. This means more energy, more repair of cells and important neurotransmitters continue to regenerate.
This MITOCHONDRIAL function is becoming the key factor not only in keeping strong brain function, but also in nearly every aspect of Anti-Aging and Regeneration.
NAD is safe and can be easily given as an outpatient treatment. It is a painless intravenous infusion that takes only 1-2 hours and has no side effects. You can go back to work or on to your regular daily activities afterward.
The effects that can be expected to follow are sharper focus, better sleep and deeper concentration and memory. The infusion also speeds up the metabolism and can result in healthy weight loss and increased energy and muscle development (especially with exercise).
Interested in NAD Therapy in Thailand?
If you are interested in NAD treatment in Thailand there are many different protocols and we can plan and prescribe the best one to meet your specific needs and goals.