Dr. Erik’s Anti-Aging Tip of the Day – Vitamin C
By Dr. Erik Fleischman –
Vitamin C: Is it really an immune booster and anti-viral treatment or is that just a myth?
I’ve been using high dose intravenous Vitamin C for my patients since 1992. Initially I was using it for clients with HIV/AIDS before we had proper treatment. High doses of Vitamin C seemed to calm the “viral storms” and increase energy and lower fatigue.
But is there any science to it?
Here are some facts:
- Vitamin C causes differentiation and enhancement of immune B & T cells likely on a genetic level
- Vitamin C Deficiency impairs immunity and makes you more susceptible to infections
- In turn, infections impact vitamin C levels due to increased inflammation and metabolic requirements. Vicious circle!
- Vitamin C accumulates in immune cells (Neutrophils), the first line of bacterial and viral defenses, and enhanced oxidation – the method that immune cells use to kill viruses and bacteria
- Vitamin C makes the epithelial cells of the skin a stronger barrier against environmental stress and infections that would enter through the hands and the skin
My 30+ years of experience using IV vitamin C (and other combinations) have shown me the effectiveness of IV vitamins when used for the right reasons.
If you are interested to know more – especially how it can help fight possible Coronavirus infection – give us a call at BAAC.