Dr. Erik’s Anti-Aging tip of the day – Tip #12: Productive Quarantining
So here we are all in the same boat! Quarantined with a little more time on our hands than usual. This is not my first time. When I returned from working with Ebola patients in 2015 I was self-quarantined for 21 days and a public health nurse would come visit every 2 days to check on me. 21 days seemed like a mountain of free time, but after the first few days I figured out how to make the best of it!
This kind of time is what we Regenerative Medicine doctors call “an opportunity”! Here’s a few ideas on how to get the most out of this time for your mind and body:
- Keep a routine/keep a rhythm. Humans function better in routines. Our brains and bodies are accustomed to them and tend to rebel when we lose them.
- This may be the PERFECT time to start that diet /exercise program. Fill the same time of each day with exercise- even if it is just 15-30 minutes. For those who have their children home get them involved too. Great chance to bond while you reach for that next physical goal or weight.
- Limit your obsessiveness with COVID-19 news. Trust me, it is not changing minute to minute. To keep the mind clear and focused vary the sources of digital and TV media.
- Keep moving! Get up, stretch, walk, bend. Motion increases circulation and circulation increases immune response.
- Learn something new. We have all been putting off an activity we said we didn’t have time for. Expand your interests. Start learning a new language, or a new musical Instrument or gardening or whatever has been put off until now.
- Homebodies tend to gain weight, nervous-eat or gravitate toward sugar! If you’ve hoarded these foods keep them locked away and less convenient. Use discipline and keep meals on a schedule.
- This may be the BEST time to start INTERMITTENT FASTING. I’ve written about this before. Limit the times you eat to only eight hours after the day. After you finish your dinner don’t have your next meal until 16 hours later. drink a black coffee and drink lots of water and lemon and exercise during this time. You will increase your natural growth hormone production, reduce your chance of obesity or diabetes or Alzheimer’s dementia. You will also finally take off those last few kilograms you’ve been looking to lose.
I’m looking at this quarantine as a time of potential growth and self-attention. By the time this quarantine is over you will hit the ground running and return to normal in a better place than you started.
If you have any questions on programs you can still accomplish at home please let us know. Stay safe and healthy Wherever You Are.
Did you find this content usefull?
Like or comment if you want more content like this