Beautiful Skin, Anti-Aging and Regeneration
By Dr. Erik Fleischman –
In the past decade I’ve noticed more and more clinics opening up calling themselves “Anti-Aging Clinics” when in fact they really are skin and dermatology centers. To be honest and scientific, Anti-Aging and Regeneration goes far, far, far past merely focusing on the appearance of your face!
I would go even further to suggest that if proper Anti-Aging and Regenerative treatments are done, the need to have many of the often painful and temporary procedures would no longer exist!
In 25 years of doing Regenerative and Anti-Aging treatments, I have never found the need to add Botox or skin fillers or Restalin or any of the popular Dermatology treatments to my treatments.
The secret to keeping skin young, moist, glowing and beautiful is actually quite simple:
- Assure proper hormone balance (your skin quality is a direct reflection of hormone balance)
- Assure proper and consistent Collagen and Elastin production from your own body
When the body believes that it is functioning as if you are 20-30 years old, the collagen and skin production, regeneration and water content also can look like you are 20-30 years old.
As a doctor, my issues with many skin treatments and plastic surgery techniques is that they will look good for a few years and then will begin to shift and scar and can leave permanent changes, especially when they are not done by experts who know when to use them and – most importantly – when to stop doing them!
I’ve had many patients come to me unhappy with the results of previous fillers and plastic surgeries, but at that point there is little to do to remove the scarring and the shifting of the skin —especially on the face.
There are a number of treatments that every man or woman should try before they turn to fillers, botox and lasers. Firstly, especially in men and women over 40, the hormone levels should be analyzed and optimized.
This is usually easily accomplished with supplements that can enhance a person’s own production of hormone. This is not only reflected in the quality and shine of the face and the skin, but also in the rest of the body including muscle tone and fat reduction.
The other treatments are specifically directed at enhancing a person’s own collagen and collagen factor production.
Here is the course of testing and treatment that I have used for over 20 years to improve skin appearance from the inside out:
- Check the hormone levels, especially in women over 40 years of age. A simple blood test can determine if imbalances of Estrogen, Progesterone and Testosterone are leaving the skin and the skin tone less healthy than they could be. If there are imbalances, we use supplements that will restore natural production of hormones. In older persons sometimes Bio-identical hormone creams are necessary to achieve the same effect.
- Stimulate better internal collagen production. We use an Intravenous (IV) formula that gives healthy, safe mega-doses of supplements that have been proven to increase collagen and vascular health. Among these are Vitamin C (in doses that are too high to take by mouth), Glutathione, NAC and Placenta extract along with B vitamins. The treatment takes only an hour and the changes are seen rapidly in skin glow and moist, healthy appearance.
- Placenta and Placenta Growth Factor Treatments. You can find many products in the market that claim to include “placenta”, but the type, the freshness and the concentration is most important to get proper effect. I have used both Fresh Frozen Placenta injections and Placenta Growth Factor injections (simple injection in the muscle weekly which takes about 5 minutes) effectively for many clients in the US and Asia over the last 20 years. This is one of the secrets to the “Hollywood Celebrity Glow.” This type of concentrated Placenta injection works to increase the body’s ability to produce natural collagen and there is also a mild “stem cell” effect for skin regeneration. When we study Placenta development and research over the past few decades we see that the great effect of Placenta is for healing. Proper healing, just like proper skin regeneration, requires healthy, strong, vigorous collagen production. Many people take oral collagen supplements, but quite honestly, I don’t believe that the absorption from these pills and powders is enough to make a valid, visible effect. Like every other substance we put in the body, if it is not absorbed, it is not effective.
In my experience over 25+ years these are the treatments that have a reproducible, visible effect on the appearance, tone, firmness and glow of the skin. And as I explained before they also have a very positive and healthy effect on the rest of the body that nobody sees! They don’t require surgery and will not have the potential for scarring and deformity in years to come.
There are many good and bad plastic surgeons and plastic surgery/Dermatology procedures. Their success comes from doing what is necessary and doing it at a place with experience. I believe that by enhancing your skin naturally, the need for plastic surgery can be pushed further and further away as we age.